This event aims to provide market players in Thailand and ASEAN region with information on the different sustainable bond types and standards, as well as summary guidance on the process to issue such bonds.
In recognition of the fact that sustainable bonds can drive both enhanced climate as well as social/gender equality related impacts necessary for a Just Transition, the event will focus on why and how gender considerations can be mainstreamed across all newly issued sustainable bonds, irrespective of their thematic focus. The event includes real life international case studies presented by issuers of sustainable bonds that have internationally integrated social/gender targets alongside other sustainable objectives.
The welcome address for this event will be graced by H.E. Mr Mark Gooding Obe, British Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand, Ruenvadee Suwanmongkol, Secretary-General of Thai Securities and Exchange Commission Thailand, and Naina Batra, CEO, AVPN.
Speakers for the session will include Russel Marsh, Director, EY and Green Finance Lead, ASEAN Low Carbon Energy Programme, Smita Biswas, Gender and Inclusion Lead, ASEAN Low Carbon Energy Programme, and David Uzsoki, Sustainable Finance Lead, IISD
- The Sustainable Bond Issuance Guide for Thailand promotes the development of capital markets as a funding source for sustainable development and to build understanding of the process of issuing sustainable instruments such as green bonds, social bonds, sustainable bonds, sustainability-linked bonds and transition bonds.
- Gender and inclusion considerations are increasingly being looked at by investors and corporates as part of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations. Uniquely, this Thai Guide intentionally addresses how gender & inclusion considerations can be part of the sustainable bond issuance, irrespective of the thematic focus of the bond, to support a Just Transition.
- The ASEAN Low Carbon Energy Programme (LCEP) supported the Thai Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the development of the Sustainable Bond Issuance Guide.
- The UK FCDO funded ASEAN LCEP is a £15m aid programme of the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office’s prosperity programming. In close collaboration with local and international entities from both the public and private sectors, the programme will help ASEAN harness the benefits from the deployment of low carbon energy by leveraging the UK’s extensive and proven expertise in green finance and energy efficiency.
- Welcome Address
- Purpose & Overview of the sustainable bond issuance process in Thailand
- Why sustainable bond should intentionally drive both climate and gender impacts for a Just Transition
- How to integrate gender & inclusion with sustainable bond issuances for a Just Transition
- Case Studies