Are you new in the sector of venture philanthropy and impact investing (VP/II)? Then this is the right course for you to deepen your knowledge and grow your network!
Join us and explore how investors for impact use the venture philanthropy approach throughout their investment process.. This course is specifically designed to offer participants who are new to the sector with the fundamental toolkit to practice venture philanthropy and impact investing As a participant, you will:
- learn the basic concepts and practical tools of venture philanthropy and impact investment
- acquire the knowledge to develop an impact-centric funding strategy
- understand the entire investment process, including techniques used for due diligence, closing and structuring of deals, governance aspects of a VP/II organisation, how to manage an impactful exit and portfolio management
- discover real-life case studies from experienced investors for impact from all over Europe
- learn how to build your own theory of change as an investor for impact.
The course is co-designed by EVPA and ESADE Business School and it combines an online preparatory session (starting 15 days prior to the training) with two days of face-to-face interaction with leading professors and practitioners in Barcelona. After the training you will have the chance to work on your own action plan to develop or revise your impact strategy and you will receive a feedback at the end of the programme.
Who should attend
The training is designed for practitioners with no or little experience in the VP/II field. It targets professionals from all type of capital providers as impact investing funds and foundations, financial institutions, incubators, accelerators, and corporate social investors with an interest in developing an impact-centric funding approach.
Places are limited and EVPA members have priority access to the courses and pay 50% of regular fees.
- Member fee: 1200€
- Non-member fee: 2400€
Registrations and deadlines
- Registrations: deadline 15/05/2020. You can register here. Places are limited, so be sure to book your place as soon as possible.
- Scholarships: deadline 15/05/2020. Some scholarships are available for EVPA members who cannot afford the course fee. Please find here all the information on how to apply.
Should you have further inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the cancellation policy here.