Villgro Unconvention is a confluence of stakeholders and collaborators in the field of social entrepreneurship to share knowledge, inspire, and network with each other with the shared goal of creating business solutions for people at the bottom of the pyramid. Each conversation will deeply examine challenges unique to the sectors of Agribusiness, Health, Education & Employability, and Energy and allied sub-sectors in India.
What Unconvention 2018 looks like:
4 Sectors (Agribusiness, Education & Employability, Healthcare, and Energy)
3 Big Value Adds (Inspiration, Knowledge, Networks!)
1 National Conference
Unconvention is also the culmination of iPitch – Investment for Impact, our nationwide hunt for unconventional, bold, and innovative social enterprises. A total investment in multiple enterprises of over Rs.3.5 crores would be announced here.
Day 1 Be inspired, learn from experts, celebrate winners, network with like-minded people
Day 2 Sector specific knowledge that you can use
- How can you understand your customer’s pain better?
- How can you make prototypes cost-effectively? How can you pilot my solution?
- How can you raise funding for your social start-up?
- How can you convince teachers / doctors / nurses / farmers to use your product
- How can you find the co-founders / talent that you need?
- How can you achieve financial sustainability?
- How can you partner to go to market?
- How can you tap into corporates, such as CSR?
Day 2 will have all the four sector conferences happening simultaneously under one roof, some key conversations in each of them will revolve around:
- Opportunities and challenges of Food Loss reduction across the value chain
- Opportunities and challenges of innovation in animal health and nutrition space
- From the lens of a mature food start-up on navigating through scalability challenges
- What does the current National Health Policy mean for social entrepreneurs?
- The Sustainable Development Goal for Universal Healthcare: Making it accessible to people at the bottom of the pyramid while generating profits
- How is the government of India supporting medtech startups and how can we engage with them better?
EDUCATION & EMPLOYABILITY
- Crossing 3,000 – the enigma of scaling sales to schools
- Where’s the money? – With more money coming in to social impact investing, the top CSRs are funding education, yet funding to market-led education companies is hard to find; we’ll find out the what, how and when of making this happen.
- What are the Innovative/New Business Models in renewable energy space?
- Energy access for productive use – why, what and how
- What are some of the innovative financing mechanisms for early stage energy ventures?
For registration and further details, visit www.villgro.org/unconvention
Through Unconvention, we want to identify, connect, and inspire all the key stakeholders in the social entrepreneurship and impact investing space. Since 2009, we have conducted Unconventions in more than 20 cities, connected over 15,000 entrepreneurs and hosted over 500 eminent speakers like Nobel Laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus of Grameen Bank, Shaheen Mistri, Founder of Teach for India, Peter Singer, Founder & CEO of Grand Challenges Canada and Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder & CEO of Acumen Fund.
Villgro is India’s oldest and foremost social enterprise incubator. Established in 2001, Villgro creates impactful, innovative and successful enterprises in the sectors of Agribusiness, Education, Healthcare and Energy. So far, Villgro has supported over 225 enterprises that have gone on to raise over INR 1270 Mn, created more than 45,000 jobs and impacted over 17 Mn lives. Apart from India, Villgro also supports social enterprises in Philippines, Kenya and Vietnam.