Emerging Markets Consulting (EMC) was established in 2004 and employs approximately 35 full-time consulting staff in Cambodia and Laos. Our core business is in the Mekong region of Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, but we also work in Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Singapore, the Philippines, and occasionally outside Asia.
EMC and senior staff have a long track record in investment fund management and entrepreneurship development, including:
- Managed the IDH (Sustainable Trade Initiative) a 2 year / 3M EUR Accelerator fund in Vietnam. Responsible for establishment of management facility and staff, all discretionary duties associated with fund disbursements, monitoring and evaluation, grant decision-making and recordkeeping/reporting.
- ‘EME Myanmar’, a seed VC in Myanmar targeting digital tech startups, with investment from a European DFI and regional investors
- WE-CREATE, a women entrepreneur hub, funded by the US State Dept
- ‘EME’ Cambodia’s first startup incubator, with a focus on women entrepreneurship
- Mekong Women Entrepreneurship Challenge, a regional challenge focused development program across Lao PDR, Vietnam, and Cambodia
- EMC Cambodia staff co-found the successful Cambodian Investment Club which provides debt and equity finance to early-stage SMEs and delivers acceleration program services to startup entrepreneurs
- Senior EMC staff co-developed the Tomorrow Funds an age-based asset allocation mutual fund