AVPN celebrated its 4th anniversary in 2015 and below are some of the highlights that we would like to share with you.
- In 2015 AVPN’s membership grew from 172 to 247, continuing our very strong rate of growth
- We held our third annual conference in Singapore in April 2015, which attracted 475 delegates from 28 countries. The event was over 3 days and had 98 speakers.
- AVPN was very active and conducted:
- 13 roundtables
- 11 roadshows
- 10 webinars
- 3 workshops
- Our website was also very actively visited with over 32,000 unique visitors and close to 200,000 views during the year.
- The AVPN team also spoke at over 20 conferences/ events organized by the community to spread the venture philanthropy message
We expect 2016 to be another great year of growth in terms of membership and market development.
- We’re in the process of rolling out an AVPN Indian chapter which will become active in the second or third quarter of 2016 thereby deepening our penetration in the Indian market and accelerating our membership growth.
- We’re constructing strategic partnerships in China to strengthen our presence in that market alongside our valued members.
- We’ll be hiring additional AVPN team members particularly a North Asia Director.
- Our 4th AVPN Annual conference will be in Hong Kong from May 23-25. Registration is already open for members, so write to email@example.com now to claim your 2 free tickets before we open to non-members on 15th January!
- Members Day will be back with sharing from India, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan and the Philippines.
- Investment Showcase will be increased to 30 organisations
- Expected attendance of 500+, including 100 speakers from Asian social investing community
- Confirmed speakers include Cliff Prior from Big Society Capital, Paul Carttar from Bridgespan, Elizabeth Riker from New Profit, and Bernard Chan from Hong Kong legislative council and Council of Social Services
- Our government engagement program will be expanded during the year with a major event held in conjunction with the AVPN conference in Hong Kong.
- The Knowledge Center will be developing additional modules around the Capability Development Model (CDM) and rolling out workshops in 5 more countries.
We would like to thank all of our members for their active engagement and encourage those who are interested in knowing more to engage with us.
Happy New Year to all and here’s to another great year in social investing in Asia!
Naina Subberwal Batra