Access to Information (a2i) Programme is the world’s first Innovation Lab+. a2i drives the creation of a public service innovation ecosystem and delivery infrastructure from the Prime Minister’s Office working closely with the Cabinet Division.
Its primary goal is to ensure easy, affordable and reliable access to quality public services for all citizens of Bangladesh. Our strategy is to:
- Empower civil servants with the tools, expertise, knowledge and resources they need for experimenting and innovating citizen-centric solutions to public service challenges;
- Establish both physical and online one-stop access points that scale innovative services and make them available to citizens easily, reliably and in an affordable manner;
- Encourage and support non-government actors, including small entrepreneurs, teachers and the youth, to partner with government actors.
a2i’s unique, simple and powerful Innovation Lab+ model revolves around:
- Cultivating ‘Empathy’
- Reducing ‘TCV’
- Simplifying through ‘SPS’
- Supporting innovation through ‘Service Innovation Fund’
- Celebrating innovators with ‘Innovation Summits’
- Establishing delivery platforms enabling ‘Services for All’