Beijing Pro Bono Foundation was initiated in 2014 jointly by Beijing Huizeren Volunteer Development, BMW Foundation, China Philanthropy Research Institute, China Times, Equal China, Ericsson, Intel, and YouChange Foundation.
Beijing Pro Bono Foundation’s vision is to create a sustainable resource for grassroots organizations in China by making Pro Bono a new normal in career development for every professional in China. The mission is to become a leading force to advance Pro bono awareness and to demonstrate the add-value of professional expertise in civil society development and social equity course.
The programs Beijing Pro Bono Foundation focuses on include:
- Advocate and promote pro bono spirit in China through thought leadership development
- Facilitate cross-sectoral coordination and cooperation to ensure sufficient pro bono professional resources pool
- Explore and re-design (if needed) innovative tools and models to support for self-sustainable Pro Bono movement in China
- Develop ways of standardizing the pro bono service practices therefore upgrade sector-wide pro bono services.
- Align with international pro bono movement particularly in USA, Europe, and Asia.