The 2015 Awardees will join the Schwab Foundation’s global community of over 300 outstanding social entrepreneurs operating in 60 countries. Members of the Schwab Foundation community receive many benefits, including support services from our partners, peer-to-peer learning opportunities with fellow entrepreneurs, and access to World Economic Forum events such as Davos.
- Can be tackling any social or environmental issue (e.g. youth, housing, water, health care, employability, education, climate change, etc.) but work directly with low-income or vulnerable populations
- Are running a for-profit or non-profit whose primary mission is social and/or environmental change
- Have a track record of at least 3-5 years and have expanded to multiple locations/cities
- Are not (crowd)funders, intermediaries, incubators, or technical assistance providers
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
For a detailed description of our five criteria – positive change, direct impact, organizational sustainability, replicability and scale, and the candidate as an ambassador – click here.To view the 2014 Social Entrepreneur of the Year Awardees, click here.
Visit our website
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page