If unable to view, please use this link.
- In recognition of the urgency of the climate crisis there are a number of businesses being developed in the region looking at how to mitigate the impacts of climate change. This session showcased 4 climate adaptation solutions specifically focused on vulnerable communities who are more likely to be negatively affected by rising sea levels and natural disasters, approximately 13 million people in East Asia alone.
- Guiuan Development Foundation, Inc. empowers and maintains sustainable communities actively managing and enjoying the benefits of healthy and productive ecosystems. Bangladesh Environment & Development Society helps locals develop sustainable income through alternative livelihood and sustainable use of resources
- “While companies make money clearing forests, we make money by protecting it,” said PT Alam Bukit Tigapulu, while Forestry Training Center for Asia and the Pacific recommended ‘not just investing in a commodity, but investing in a whole landscape of goods and services that can come from local communities and ultimately help build long term resilience.’
- The impacts of climate change often disproportionately affect marginalised communities the most. They are forced to withstand the worst effects of environmental disasters and extreme weather conditions despite having the smallest carbon footprint.
This session will showcase 4 climate adaptation solutions that uplift vulnerable communities living on the frontline of the climate crisis. Hear from frontline community leaders and social entrepreneurs who are paving their way to combat the climate crisis. From the implementation of grassroots initiatives that aim to build resilience and adaptability of indigenous upland communities to the introduction of innovative renewable energy systems into off-grid communities — see how these transformative ideas are meeting development challenges through climate-safe ways!
There will also be another Deal Share Live session that will focus on showcasing climate mitigation solutions on the Climate Thematic Day.
- Learn about various scalable climate adaptation solutions that are pivotal in slowing down and helping communities adapt to the effects of climate change
- Engage with climate heroes, community leaders and a diverse group of delegates active in the climate space
- Explore cross sector collaboration among green solutions, private sector and the government to champion a greener future