If unable to view, please use this link.
- This session showcases enterprises working on innovative solutions for climate mitigation. Solutions ranged from restoring kelp forests through responsible urchin ranching, to tracking and reducing CO2 emissions from everyday life, to providing affordable renewable energy and cooking equipment to off-grid communities.
- Entrepreneurs referenced opportunities for leveraging technology and data but found a funding gap despite interest from governments. Lack of knowledge seems to be a key barrier to attracting investors so many are working with governments for technology dissemination and capability building.
It’s been estimated that there is $23 trillion worth of climate-smart investment opportunities that exist in emerging markets alone. This session provides an avenue to showcase 5 scalable climate mitigation solutions active in the South East and South Asian region. Hear from a range of social entrepreneurs who will be sharing their work and innovative technologies that successfully reduce carbon emissions and/or sequester carbon from the atmosphere. Explore collaborative partnerships with these climate heroes and engage in deeper thought into how similar models could tackle the climate crisis on a global scale.
There will also be another Deal Share Live session that will focus on showcasing climate adaptation solutions on the Impact Investing Day.
- Learn about various scalable climate mitigation solutions that adopt innovative technologies that reduce carbon emissions and/or sequester carbon from the atmosphere
- Engage with climate heroes, community leaders and a diverse group of delegates active in the climate space
- Explore cross sector collaboration among green solutions, private sector and the government to champion a greener future