If unable to view, please use this link.
- In recent years there has been a significant shift towards impact and ESG. The main drivers have been attractive returns, sustainability threats, regulatory pressures, and investor/consumer demand. With the COVID-19 crisis there has been a magnification of this trend with an increase in funding towards the UN goals for developing markets.
- The panelists believed that blended finance coming from different sectors was critical to meet the capital needed for the SDGs (2.5T annually). This collaboration will also allow for combining expertise, which can create higher impact while minimising risks.
- Panelists touted sustainability and technology as continuing trends to look forward to. Today 1 out of every 4USD has some element of ESG or sustainable finance component and this is likely to increase. Meanwhile, the panelists felt that technology would be one of the driving forces allowing for more far reaching impact as it allows for more accessibility than ever before.
2020 ushers in a decade of action and delivery. To achieve the agenda for UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, we need to address the financing gap which is estimated to be at $5-7 trillion per year. Sustainable finance has gained significant momentum across the world – a growing number of institutional investors are rising to the challenge by incorporating ESG into their capital allocation as well as structuring innovative financing solutions such as blended finance and sustainability bonds. In this session, we will highlight global trends in sustainable finance and explore how private sector investments can be mobilised to drive sustainable development and address the challenges facing the world today and in the future.
- Highlight global trends in sustainable finance
- Explore how private sector investments can be mobilised to drive sustainable development
- Discuss how sustainable finance can play a role in addressing the challenges facing the world today and in the future the challenges facing the world today and in the future