If unable to view, please use this link.
- The gender agenda has many sub-issues, which can be intimidating or even paralysing for funders looking to get involved. This panel stressed the importance of starting small and being willing to experiment and learn along the way.
- There is currently a large amount of jargon and technical language used by those working on gender issues. There is a need to balance this with more clear and concise communication to better resonate with corporate donors.
- The panel felt there is a need to elevate gender-related issues and make them more accessible; leveraging popular culture, influencers, social media and even fashion to increase relevance.
Over the last decade, Gender Equality has become a focus for many funders across the region who are supporting a myriad of interesting and innovative projects and projects to try and solve for the issues that stop women and girls from reaching their full potential. However, the complexity of the Asia-Pacific region seriously limits the ability for sharing learnings and experiences, and to collaborate in meaningful ways to create the systemic change required to improve outcomes for women and girls. AVPN has been working with leading female philanthropists and we will have 2 leading voices in their field to join the Session to discuss their work and the Power of Networks to bring together the stakeholders to establish a deeper understanding of how to support and strengthen the movement towards greater gender equality in the region.
- There is a NEED to address gender inequality – Be inspired to understand the barriers and help with more rapid change
- The need is URGENT and the current Covid-19 situation provides us an opportunity to operate differently going forward
- The importance that we ORGANIZE ourselves across country boundaries, to lead this in Asia