If unable to view, please use this link.
- Asia is the largest manufacturing base in the world which has resulted in high carbon emissions, but it is also the largest natural habitat for carbon sinks. This means nature-based solutions such as reforestation and companies that provide adaptation solutions are key opportunities for impact. Other opportunities in Asia include technology enabled businesses that improve the lives of people.
- Good business practices do not necessarily translate into targeting impact. It is important that all funds are actually addressing pressing problems. Green Washing is a concern for many, but is being addressed through impact measurement and more scrutiny on what funds are used for and whether it is to support an issue that creates real impact and not just good ESG scores.
- Businesses should be looking into building resilience and adaptive solutions to face the next 10-15 years. Wendy Cromwell of Wellington shared their strategy is to first identify the key problems and then invest in companies that have the majority of their business (at least 50% of revenues) focused on solving these problems.
The economic, societal and political interconnectedness and complexity of our world has been highlighted through the global pandemic and at this crucial juncture, a broader perspective on impact, sustainability and stewardship is needed. Join our panellists as they discuss the relevance of corporate stewardship and ESG awareness, and the connections across ESG, thematic and impact investing, in the post-COVID future.
Amit Bouri, CEO of GIIN, will also announce the official launch of the tenth edition of the GIIN’s Annual Impact Investor Survey. Hear the latest data and insights on impact investors’ motivations, activities, and perspectives on market progress and remaining challenges. This will include updated market sizing figures, and include an update on the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the industry.
- Hear the latest updates from the GIIN’s 10th Annual Impact Investor Survey
- Discuss the overall convergence of ESG investing, thematic investing, impact investing, and how these connect
- Understand how corporate stewardship and ESG awareness will drive the post-COVID world
- Explore different perspectives on a future where all investors are thinking about their impact