Nirat Bhatnagar is an Associate Partner with Dalberg and leads the global WASH practice at Dalberg. He brings 13 years of multidisciplinary experience in strategy consulting, human-centered design, & entrepreneurship for social impact.
At Dalberg, he has led strategy, innovation, & research projects within Water, Sanitation, Financial Inclusion, and Agriculture. These projects have involved working with
• a large multilateral development bank and India’s top planning agency to develop a strategic framework and innovation opportunities for water resource management and use in India
• helping a large international foundation and a sanitation think tank develop strategy for and pilot PPP models for FSM in small towns in India
• a large development consortium to develop strategy to bring water and sanitation to women and girls across different countries
• a consortium of donors to understand the global market opportunity to deliver clean water through water kiosks
• a global foundation to develop country investment strategies for China and Bangladesh to bring clean water to textile communities
• a large multi-lateral understand merchant and consumer behavior and identify innovation opportunities to drive the adoption of digital payments
Previously, Nirat successfully put together several multimillion dollar innovation projects in water and sanitation along with a range of partners internationally. These projects focused on user-centered design of toilets and water filters, games for behavior change in sanitation, extended user-centered research to understand WASH behavior in urban slums.
Nirat was also a technology entrepreneur and co-founded the first referral based online hiring network in India for senior management and a founding team member at an online travel startup with significant VC funding. He has studied at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.