The Alipay-NUS Enterprise Social Innovation Challenge is a joint initiative to seek out the most innovative social impact enterprises, with a focus on digital technology towards building an inclusive society. Top innovations may potentially receive further support to amplify their positive impact on society.
The challenge will be accessible to all innovators/start-ups which aim to achieve social impact in Singapore and/or Southeast Asia (starting with Indonesia and Malaysia first) by leveraging digital technology to solve social issues relating to equality development and opportunities.The proposed challenge aims to attract start-ups that are ready to scale based on proof of concepts. Up to 10 start-ups will be shortlisted in each country where on-site pitching will be carried out.
Areas of focus could include but not limited to the following:
- Helping low-income groups gain access to more jobs or education opportunities.
- Helping the elderly and the disadvantaged groups such as people with disabilities, migrant workers and low-income families keep pace with the fast-changing society as technology advances.
- A cash prize of S$10,000 for top 3 in each location, and S$50,000 for the Grand prize
- Potential mentorship and incubation support from the NUS Enterprise, Ant Financial, and other local partners
- Opportunity to collaborate with Ant Financial on projects with social impact
- Potential media and networking opportunities through partner platforms, events, and connection to start-up/social impact communities
- Certificate of Recognition for bringing social impact to the community
Applicants will submit their details to us through our online platform on http://alipaynusseachallenge.com (powered by YouNoodle). Top 10 applicants from each country will be shortlisted to pitch at the respective in-market semi-finals, to be held at start-up community hubs in Singapore, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur respectively.
Top 3 finalists in each country will be flown to Singapore to participate in the Grand Finale.
For more information on event dates, please see the challenge timeline.
The challenge is open to anybody and everybody with an innovative business solution that addresses social issues in Singapore, Indonesia or Malaysia, regardless of age and nationality. However, the proposed ventures should be independent entities, i.e. not subsidiaries of an existing corporation or legally-linked to a government entity. The challenge aims to attract start-ups that are ready to scale based on proof of concepts.
The participating teams need not incorporate/register their venture before applying. However, in the event they are picked as one of the prize winners, their venture has to be legally incorporated in order to receive the prize money.
Submission of entries will be in English language only.
- Innovative application of digital technologies (30%)
- Social impact (25%)
- Market potential (15%)
- Economic and financial model (15%)
- Team strength (15%)
You may find out more about the event here.
By participating in this competition, you agree to be bounded by its terms & conditions.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2019