A 3-month coaching and mentoring program for individuals to build and develop specialised skills in software development using agile engineering and delivery practices to jumpstart their careers in tech – supported by IMDA’s Tech Immersion and Placement Program (TIPP).
Who Should Apply?
Applicant should be Singaporeans who are:
- Fresh graduates from universities and polytechnics or;
- Entry level developers that need a course to further improve their software development capabilities or;
- Mid-career switchers who have passion in software development but need some help to get started
- Personalised coaching from seasoned technologists with agile delivery expertise
- Accelerated learning
- Bridge the gap between knowledge and real market skills
- Differentiate yourself in a competitive job market
- Find a job with the help of our partners
Phase 1: Build a solid foundation
- Test Driven Development
- Clean Code and Refactoring
- Objected Oriented Design and Modelling
- Software Design Patterns and Principles
Phase 2: Learning the agile approach
- Project inception and planning
- Agile practices
Phase 3: Hands-on project training
- Practice the technical skills learned in previous weeks in a project
- Practice soft skills (communication, presentation, teamwork)
- Practice stakeholder management skills
- Practice troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Practice DevOps skills (e.g. CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code)
Program duration: 12 weeks
Your commitment: This is a full-time program which will be conducted by ThoughtWorks in Singapore
Your employment afterwards: Our talent partner will proactively work with you during the program to help you find an exciting career opportunity in Singapore
Program start date: 26th February 2018
Cost: SGD$1070 after subsidy* (incl. GST)
Click here to complete the application form and questionnaire.
Successful applicant will be notified in mid January 2018.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be processed.
DEADLINE: January 15, 2018