The Outcomes Accelerator is a catalytic platform to accelerate more effective testing, scaling and the eventual mainstreaming of outcomes-based financing (OBF) approaches into the delivery of SDG impact. The Outcomes Accelerator works with stakeholders across the outcomes-based financing ecosystem – including governments, development agencies, investors, services providers, intermediaries – to address the key barriers facing the market and unlock funding for high-quality outcomes-based financing projects.
The Outcomes Accelerator can offer flexible funding, targeted expertise, and networking to support OBF initiatives with testing, launching, and scaling.
Founding members are SECO, FCDO, and UBS Optimus Foundation who have engaged Levoca LLC to perform the day-to-day Secretariat activities of the Outcomes Accelerator. Further details on the role of the Secretariat can be found in the Application Guidance section below.
Information on the winners and finalists of the first Outcomes Accelerator Cohort is available here
Pipeline Acceleration Support Offered
The Outcomes Accelerator can offer flexible funding, targeted expertise, and networking to support project proponents in bringing their early- and late-stage projects to launch.
- Seed Funding – To support the design and launch of strategic projects.
- Expertise and Mentoring – Technical assistance to help get projects off the ground.
- Match-making and Funding Coordination – Connecting projects to outcome funders and other strategic partners.
Who can participate?
The Outcomes Accelerator invites applications from individual organizations or consortia, including, but not limited to:
- Outcome funding organizations including multilateral and bilateral funding organizations, private philanthropy, and domestic governments3, which will be the primary end-clients of the Outcome Accelerator.
- Service delivery organizations, including non-profit and for-profit organizations that implement outcomes-focused programs.
- Market support providers including deal developers, intermediaries, advisory firms, research organizations, law firms, and evaluators; and
- Impact Investors including funds, development finance institutions, foundations, institutional and other investors, or providers of risk or working capital.
For more information, please visit the Outcomes Accelerator page.