As countries worldwide set ambitious targets to achieve Net Zero, adopting renewable and clean energy sources is high on the agenda. Despite this, emerging economies with high potential for renewable energy development such as solar and wind, face financing challenges to the implementation of these solutions.
Our 90 minute session will cover:
- An assessment of the current global renewable energy landscape, with a spotlight on developing economies.
- Convergence data trends on blended finance for global renewable energy investments: what is happening where?
- Insights from the Climate Policy Initiative on what barriers exist for investors and how policy and blended finance can be used to structure financial products that address these barriers.
- How to blend capital and assess risk at the fund-of-fund, fund, facility and/or project-level.
- We will also explore three specific renewable energy transactions in detail:
After this Member Training you will walk away with a high-level understanding of the renewable energy sector, the barriers to investment as well as examples of successful blended finance transactions and their impact in developing markets.
- Martin Ewald, Managing Director & Lead Portfolio Manager, Impact Investments, Allianz Global Investors
Francesca Merlo, Operations Manager, Crossboundary
Harold Mogale, Climate Finance Transactor, Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA)
Labanya Prakash Jena, Senior Manager and Head, Centre for Sustainable Finance, India, Climate Policy Initiative
Space is limited to ensure an intensive and practice-driven learning experience. Each Convergence member organization has two complimentary seats in each training. To claim these seats select ‘Register’ above. From Eventbrite, choose ‘Tickets’ and enter the promo code you received by email to receive free access. Non-members can register for a fee of USD100.