You are invited to join Mind Matters Forum on 9 September to create lasting change for the Hong Kong community! A charity programme initiated by HSBC Private Banking and Asian Charity Services, the Mind Matters – A Hackathon for Social Impact aims to raise awareness of mental well-being in Hong Kong and make care more accessible to vulnerable groups.
You will hear from 12 NGOs pitching their project ideas to solicit a two-year grant ranging from HKD1,000,000 to HKD4,000,000. In addition, you will have the opportunity to exchange ideas with other philanthropists on uplifting the well-being of the community.
Highlights of the Mind Matters Forum:
First Session (10:30 am – 11:10 am)
- Sharing on strategic giving with guest speakers:
- Adrian Fu, Chairman of Fu Tak Iam Foundation Limited
- Cecilia Ho, President of Lee Hysan Foundation
- Center for High Impact Philanthropy at the University of Pennsylvania
Second Session (11:15 am – 12:45 pm)
- Hear 12 NGOs pitch their proposed solutions to improve mental wellbeing in Hong Kong
- Vote for project ideas and help decide which project receives funding
Since the programme launched in July 2020, over 120 NGOs participated in our training activities and almost 80 NGOs presented exciting project ideas to address the imminent mental health needs in the community. On 22 August, 50 volunteers, including HSBC Private Banking clients, exchanged ideas and worked alongside 12 NGOs to strengthen their project plans at a virtual Hackathon. The Hackathon Day is integral to supporting NGOs prepare for their pitches on 9 September.
Following the Mind Matters Forum on 9 September, the Mind Matters Award Ceremony will take place on 25 September. We hope that you will consider supporting the initiative by joining us at one of the events and consider making a donation. Together, we can create lasting change in the community.