The ASEAN Promotion Centre on Trade, Investment and Tourism (ASEAN-Japan Centre) is an intergovernmental organization established under the treaty between the ASEAN Member States and Japan in 1981.
ASEAN-Japan Centre (AJC) has a mandate on promotion of 4 pillars, namely:
1) export from ASEAN to Japan, 2) investment, 3) tourism, and 4) people-to-people exchange.
More importantly, we work to mobilise, collaborate and advocate for:
1) inclusive, resilient and sustainable trade,
2) sustainable impact investment,
3) sustainable and responsible toursm, and
4) empowering exchange for youth and leadership,
On the front of impact investment, we work as an Enabler, collaborating directly with our counterpart (Investment Ministries and Agencies in all ASEAN Member States) to promote impact investment through seminars, collaborative workshops, company visits, research publications among others.
Our 2021 report on Impact Investing in ASEAN for the SDGs work to further advance the
ecosystem of impact investment in ASEAN.
We continue our partnerships with entities such as the Japanese National Advisory Board of Impact Investment and collaboration with Global Steering Group in research endeavours.