The Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA) was formed in 1992 under the patronage of the Economic Development Board to promote the development of the venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) industry. From a humble start of two, our membership now exceeds one hundred and continues to grow in tandem with the industry’s development. As a not-for-profit organisation, the association strives to:
- Promote the professional development of the industry through awards, training, workshops and conferences
- Facilitate interaction and collaboration among its members through regular networking events
- Act as a platform for dialogue on regulatory and policy issues pertaining to VC and PE through data research, feedback and consultation with members and regulatory authorities
- Build linkages to centres of VC and PE activities in the region through active participation at regional and global VC & PE Initiatives
Each year, during its annual members’ Gala Dinner, the SVCA presents a set of awards to participants in the Venture Capital and Private Equity industry. Like past years, the awards will include candidates from the for-profit and non-profit world to reflect the increased participation and value created by venture capital and private equity in the worlds of both impact and traditional investment.
- MOST IMPACTFUL NON-PROFIT/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
- VC DEAL OF THE YEAR
- PE DEAL OF THE YEAR
- VC EXIT OF THE YEAR
- PE EXIT OF THE YEAR
- Organisation(s) can apply or nominate others for one, some, or all of the awards.
- Any organisation that is either headquartered in Singapore and/or who has an investor/donor who is headquartered in Singapore is eligible.
- Deals invested/ exited in the period January 1, 2016 – August 1, 2017 are eligible for nomination.
- Past winners are not allowed to put up the same investment for nomination in the same category.
- All information provided in the nomination forms will be kept strictly confidential for the Judges’ perusal only.
- Winners of the ‘VC Exit of the Year’, ‘PE Exit of the Year’, ‘VC Deal of the Year’ and ‘PE Deal of the Year’ Award Categories will be determined by the panel of judges.
- Winners of the ‘Most Impactful Non-Profit/ Social Enterprise’, Award Category will be determined by Live Audience Polling at the Gala Dinner after being shortlisted by the Judging Panel.
- Live polling will be carried out on 12 October 2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to submit a 1 minute video or slideshow which will be shown at the event, prior to voting.
- All video and PowerPoint content will be subjected to pre-screening by SVCA’s Awards Committee prior to broadcasting.
For more information, please click here.