The Asia Centre for Social Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy (ACSEP) at the National University of Singapore Business School invites submissions for its International Symposium on Social Entrepreneurship on 22 April 2016. The Symposium will be held on the campus of the National University of Singapore. Travel and accommodation assistance may be provided to presenters on a case by case basis.
With unprecedented growth in the social enterprise space, social entrepreneurs have encountered many pressing issues. Given the differences in the culture, institutional, economic, and financial development across different countries, this Symposium will provide a platform for academic researchers, regulators, policymakers and industrial players to share the latest research findings in the field of social entrepreneurship.
The Symposium will consist of invited talks and submitted papers to be reviewed and selected by a panel of experts in the field. Submitted papers must represent original and unpublished research. This year’s Symposium will focus on the growth and sustainable development of social enterprises. A list of possible topics includes:
How useful are training programs/approaches used for incubating social enterprises?
• What are the important leadership skills for social enterprises?
• How can social enterprises survive through the first two to three years since start-ups?
• What are the challenges faced by social enterprises in fund raising and/or scaling up?
• How can social enterprises convert antagonistic assets into complementary assets?
• How can social enterprises strike a balance between social and financial performance?
Submissions may be made by email to Mr Lee Chuan (ISSE2016@nus.edu.sg). The submission deadline is 15 January 2016. The authors will be notified of the review committee’s decision by 15 February 2016.
Authors of accepted papers will have to provide a 10-page summary to be published as symposium proceedings on ACSEP website.