If unable to view, please use this link.
- Dr. Andreas Schleicher of OECD highlighted the urgency of changes needed in education to prepare learners with knowledge, skills and transformative competencies that are critical for an increasingly complex, volatile and ambiguous world.
- Philanthropy can have a unique and crucial impact on education through evidence-based investment, impact-oriented approaches and collaborative partnerships.
- COVID-19 is a reaffirmation of the interdependence among nations and people across the world. Scaling excellence in education is indeed a collective effort. Successful partnerships can be established on the basis of complementarity of expertise, alignment of vision, trust and mutual respect.
In recent years, novel approaches to improving education access and learning quality have been tested in different regions. This session will examine successful innovations in education, such as inculcating the growth mindset to students of different groups, enhancing the parenting skills of rural caregivers and building teacher and school quality. It will synthesise learnings and discuss opportunities for such local successes can be replicated in different contexts and scaled to global levels of excellence.
- Synthesise learnings from successful innovations in education in various regions
- Explore opportunities to implement successful methods/models in different markets, tailored to local context
- Identify existing gaps and further potential for research and collaboration for scaling excellence in education