If unable to view, please use this link.
- En Lee of LGT said it best, “Investing sustainably is no longer an option, it is an imperative.” The session highlighted that investor demand for sustainable investing has increased across all asset classes and markets and it is now the role of markets and regulators to create a more enabling environment for this to flourish.
- Panelists pointed out that the pandemic is a ‘test run’ for the issues to come with climate change if we don’t take action now. Yet, “only 0.2% of all of the global pandemic stimulus spending in the world’s largest 50 economies have been allocated to green policies – this needs to change,” said Niall O’Connor, SEI
- A focus on integrating local capital with international participation was a thread throughout the session with Ruenvadee Suwanmongkol, of the Thai SEC sharing how Thailand is working to unlock this local capital and Niall O’Connor of SEI, calling for a more accessible language to make blended finance products more appealing.
Different regulatory landscapes can often help or hinder climate financing solutions from scaling despite its potential for true impact. In addition, governments and regulators need to work in tandem with the private sector to increase uptake and viability of these tools. This session aims to surface best practices in increasing public-private engagements for climate financing, uncover different market experiences from both private and public actors in co-creating these solutions, and the pre-conditions and steps regulators can take to create an enabling environment for the accelerated adoption of these tools.
- Explore the current regulatory landscape and the ways to create new policy and legislation to achieve an enabling environment for climate finance
- Share experiences and perspectives from private and public actors in developing climate finance solutions
- Discuss how to support capacity building for social investment professionals, policy leaders, international public climate financiers and bankers to deepen knowledge on climate finance